
About two weeks ago Chad came down with swine flu, he was so miserable. Luckily Kate already had the vaccine and I was able to start on Tamiflu the same time he did so we sucessfully avoided it!

Once he was better we celebrated by going on a little road trip with my family to Glenwood Springs Colorado. Kate did great in the car despite the six hour drive.

We found a fun little mexican restaurant to eat at once we finally arrived.

Early the next morning we hit the pool. These pools are amazing! One is 104 degrees and the other is 90 degrees. I unfortunately had to spend my time in the cooler pool but it was still so relaxing, and Kate had a blast.


Later in the afternoon we rode the tram to the top of the mountain to Glenwood adventure park. It was fun to see the view of the entire valley, and it was gorgeous to see all of the leaves changing on the trees.



At the top of the mountain we rode the alpine coaster (it is similar to the coaster in park city) Kate held on for dear life and wanted to go faster the whole time it was hilarious.

Camille somehow mooched a second ride and once we were all back to the top she was no where in sight. She can be pretty sneaky sometimes.

Kate found a "scary" statue of an old cowboy and did not want anything to do with him. Chad thought it was fun to torture her by taking her over to see him. What a boy!

This was at the top of the mountain overlooking the canyon- it was beautiful. (p.s. notice my dark hair- I love it! and its so much easier to manage)

According to Chad this is the "swing of death!" It was hilarious- Chad is not a huge fan of heights but he wanted to try it out and he was screaming the whole time, it was so funny to watch. After he got off this little boy said to him "who was screaming like a little girl?" and Chad immediately pointed to my six year old sister. It has become a fun little joke for our family now. The trip was short but was a much needed break!
9 comments:
How fun!! That sounds like chad. Hey I couldn't really see your hair very well. Put up a better picture!
I love you hair! Its so cute! That is too bad that Chad got the Swine Flu, lucky you guys didn't catch it! Kate is just so Cute! Hope everything is going good for ya guys! We should get together soon!
congrats on the baby! since i have only 9 weeks left i really feel bad for you when i see 177 days left on your baby counter. good luck i hope you are feeling well!
that sounds like so much fun!! I miss you! It is so fun to look at your blog and keep up dated a little bit though! And, I LOVE you hair, it is super cute!
That looks like so much fun! I'm jealous! Your little family looks so cute! And I love LoVe LOVE your hair dark!!
Ashley, cute hair! Glad the flu has passed with no damage. I'm glad I found your blog. Ours is mthompsonfam@blogspt.com incase you didn't know.
Elise
Sorry, it's mthompsonfam.blogspot.com
hey hey long time no see! I haven't checked your blog in awhile, so I just found out that your expecting! CONGRATS! Two kids is fun. Hard of course, but lots of fun. How have you been feeling? I hope well. Anyway good luck with school and with the pregnancy! I'll try to check back more often. haha
Your life seems so... fun! And, and... well, nice.
The picture with the mouth mask thingies made me laugh.
Post a Comment